

MEETING MINUTES

Meeting: City Working Group Meeting #1

Date: Tuesday, May 25th, 2021

Time: 6pm-8pm

Place: Online (Webex)

Project: 334-350 Bloor Street West & 2-6 Spadina Avenue

Participants:

Councillor Mike Layton (ML)	Andrea Fresolone (AFr)
Barry Brooks, Community Planning (BB)	Angela Cole, 13 Annex Lane (ACo)
Robert Ursini (RU)	Corinna Li, HSRO (CL)
Daniel de Moissac (DdM)	Danae Engle, HSRO (DE)
Anne Fisher (AFi)	Edward Leman (EL)
Kevin Lee (KL)	James Jennings, 23 Annex Lane (JJ)
James Parakh (JP)	Ron Soskolne (RS)
Daniel Reynolds (DR)	Sue Dexter, HVRA (SD)
Jay Brown (JB)	Call-in A-17053322
Kareem Sethi (KS)	Darnel Harris (DH)
Peter Venetas (PV)	Ryan Evans (RE)
Mansoor Kazerouni (MK)	David Leinster (DL)
Aamer Shirazie (AS)	Samantha Irvine, ERA (SI)
Amanda Chih (ACh)	Claudia Sanchez (CS)
David Leinster (DL)	Philip Evans (PE)

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION

1. Introduction & Opening Remarks
2. Follow Up from Working Group #1 / Applicant Presentations
 - a. Heritage Updates
 - b. Built Form & Massing Updates
 - c. Public Realm & Streetscape Updates
3. New Items
 - a. Uses
 - b. Environment & Resilience
 - c. Community Benefits
4. Closing Remarks

1. INTRODUCTION & OPENING REMARKS

ML:

- Thank you again for joining us all on this platform. I will ask you all to put your name and organization into the chat in lieu of introductions. I'll now pass it over to the applicant team to get us started.

2. FOLLOW UP FROM WORKING GROUP #1 / APPLICANT PRESENTATIONS

ML:

- Thank you. Are there any questions about the presentation?

JJ:

- We have concerns about garbage smells, safety at night, transports of all sorts, noise disturbance for families. I do not see it reflected in the 'Before and After Laneway View'. Will it really be that pristine?

DL:

- There's not going to be much of that servicing late into the night. There will be that activity during the day; to some extent that occurs even today, but probably not to the extent that it will in a larger development like this.
- Spadina as a street has a certain amount of vehicular activity on it. I don't envision all hours of the day or the night, having that kind of heavy busy sort of noisy traffic on this lane, as you might be thinking about. Certainly, there will be servicing activity during the day.
- The issue here is quite simply the fact that we are trying hard to leave the Bloor Street sidewalk condition uninterrupted and to have less pedestrians crossing over the laneway.

PV:

- Part of it too, is ensuring that deliveries happen during specific hours. It's not envisioned that we're going to be having deliveries 24 hours a day or late into the night.
- We had mentioned before that a lot of the loading is actually happening behind closed doors so that that sort of silver area gray area that you can see in the laneway, those are doors. So, all vehicles from loading and service perspective everything from garbage to retail to office would enter the site and then those doors would close behind them. That loading activity happens internal to the building.
- In terms of smells and sounds as well, you know, as we continue to refine the design through site plan through working drawings, we'll be able to deal with those items as well. We don't have a full HVAC system designed yet, but those are elements that we have to take into consideration to avoid odors.

- We are also trying to achieve the same thing with screening, the new fence, the tree elements, and the planting. With vehicles coming up from the ramp, the intent is to ensure that we're not shining lights into your backyards and that we're actually screening you from that.
- From lighting levels, we have to think about public safety in terms of what the appropriate lighting levels are for everyone's safety, including those who use this midblock connection to get from Walmer to Spadina.

DR:

- My question is regarding the connection on the west side. As far as I can tell, currently the subject site property has a connection with the lands to the west. I'm just trying to understand the intent to sort of build a consistent east-west connection through there to Walmer?

PV:

- Right now, there's an existing easement. That easement never contemplated the redevelopment of this corner.
- Our preference is to just keep it as a pedestrian connection at this point, so it's specific to just pedestrians with vehicles sort of entering and leaving the site from Spadina.

DR:

- So, you're saying the easement will be reworked to be a pedestrian-only easement?

PV:

- That's the conditions of easement. I can't speak to the future condition and can only speak to the conditions today, and I can't necessarily speak for our neighbour.

RS:

- Character of that service entrance – it would be really helpful if you could give us something that was analogous to it that we could take a look at. I'm thinking just in terms of comparisons. Looking at the entrance, for example, to Hazelton Lanes on Avenue Road – that vehicular service entrance.

MK:

- We can certainly do that. I actually did the last iteration of Hazelton Lanes 15 years ago, but I don't remember exactly the scale. Are you looking for it in terms of the size of opening, and those kinds of things?

RS:

- It would be interesting to have something analogous that we could look at and say, "Well, in terms of functionality, it's about the same or it's different in these ways. In terms of the parking entrance and exit, is their loading docks go in there. It's a building of a problem approximately the same mix of offices, retail, condos, etc."

MK:

- Having done that last iteration what I can tell you is that it won't be anywhere near the frequency of servicing that is because, as you can imagine it's a very sort of large scale and retail development at its base, and that drove a lot of servicing activity.

RS:

- Regarding the corner, I just want to better understand your thinking. Let me say that, from my point of view, I think you've made some really good steps in the right direction in a lot of respects here.
- The question I have is whether the kind of outdoor pedestrian setback that you created on the south corner here, could that be somewhat replicated on the north side? In other words, could you cut the atrium wall back a bay so that the entrance to that laneway has some sense of that kind of garden scale on both sides of it, rather than being the sheer wall of glass that makes the corner on the atrium on the one side, and the very domestic scale of the townhouses on the other?

MK:

- We'll go back and look at that.
- I think what's important to note here is that we've made that atrium really light and glassy. It's not like those upper floors are going to be occupied. All it's going to do is take an already materialized façade and expose the north end of that office podium.
- We'll certainly look at it, but the lens I would bring to it is what is its impact on the kind of communal activity that's contemplated in the urban living room space.

EL:

- I'm wondering if you might want to give some more thought to the entrance of the living room, and the relationship to the outdoor area to the west. Right now there isn't one from what I can tell.
- At that entrance, it doesn't terribly celebrate the entry into the living room and then down into the subway, it just reads is very much a bunch of doors that you've got to go through.

- I think there's an opportunity here to take a look at that. That corner area has more of an animated public space than it is right now. But just a thought.

MK:

- Fair comment. What we have contemplated is whatever that corner element is in terms of retail, ideally, is two- or three-sided retail, almost like a kiosk.
- If you can imagine one, it would bring you into the atrium, but it has a presence in the living room and has a presence on the street.
- I completely agree with you that that corner needs to be well handled because that's what links that inner space to the outer space. We will get into that next level of detail.

EL:

- I have a question on your Bloor Street façade and the retail. The retail that your proposing, will that all be directly off Bloor Street? So that would mean maybe four or five doors that come in off of Bloor?

MK:

- That's exactly right.

EL:

- Okay, this is all street facing single aspect retail, except for that corner where the urban living room entrance is. I would love to see something that addresses the urban living room as much as it addresses your street.
- Comment on the Spadina sidewalk - I'm just wondering, I had this impression of it being completely congested and a royal pain. I wonder if you might consider widening the sidewalk a bit on the Spadina side and cutting back by maybe 50 centimetres to give this more space for the sidewalk and for the movement that's going to be going up and down.

DL:

- For sure we could. One of the things that we're trying to do, and it'd be interesting to get your feedback on it, is that there's a sort of internal walkway. In other words, you can cut in just opposite this and cut in around those trees, sit on a ledge facing into the atrium and you can walk right up to the edge of the Atrium so there's not, so that there's a kind of garden strip between the sidewalk and the atrium in that one location.
- I'm thinking that we could eliminate that completely or we could pull back the planter south of that, and maybe the planter a little bit to the north of that too, so you can weave your way up that edge so get beside the garden. It provides a little more interest.

EL:

- In terms of circulation, what do you have? 2.1 meters? That's your standard sidewalk.

RO:

- The question is what kind of place is it in and of itself? What I'm hearing is it's got pieces of very attractive garden and then it's got benches. I can't really tell what kinds of entrances there are into the atrium, if any, from it alongside Spadina.

DL:

- There are a few things we're trying to achieve there.
- One was this idea of pulling the gardens off Spadina almost down to Bloor and then creating a large public space at the intersection, so that there would be a kind of a kind of backdrop of the garden in a sense.
- The bench area would be so you could have a place to wait, but generally that that entrance to the atrium would be open and a very, very generous space because that's where people tend to congregate.
- The public sidewalk would pinch a little bit just to the north of that past the garden with the trees, and then open up again, as I described.

RO:

- I wonder if it's possible to think about those planting areas as planters.
- By analogy, the south side of Dundas Street at Bay, you know where Best Buy and Canadian Tire are. So, you walk around both sides kind of thing so people can flow on both sides, and you've got, you know substantial planting and very nice tree growth there, but at least it feels like a wide sidewalk.

DL:

- I can look at that.

EL:

- That would address my comment on the width of the sidewalk.
- It's not the width of sidewalk as much as where people can move.

JJ:

- Could we go back to the view of the lane we were looking at before?
- Our understanding is that we will have cars coming up at any time of the day and they are all going to go into the space where you showed closed doors.

MK:

- I don't know that we're designating it as a drop-off area. It is the point of access to the garage, but you know someone pulling up late at night, there's no reason why they wouldn't stop right along Spadina and drop-off.

JJ:

- Could you not close over the lane? The car lights, noise, smells issues, we think would be largely alleviated.

ML:

- This is a really important piece that we scheduled into an entire meeting the next time we meet. Maybe the applicant can bring back some iterations for consideration a little bit at our next meeting.
- If not, maybe it might make sense to set up an opportunity for you to express your suggestions in between now and the next meeting with the project team.
- We want suggestions solutions, like what you've provided, at this working group. So why don't we move on, but with keeping in mind that we will get back to this point.

JJ:

- I think that's a great solution. I just wanted to register with people that that is an ongoing concern that hasn't been addressed yet.

ML:

- Do we have any comments on heritage?
- I realized the consultant went over that, but we didn't get a response from Staff. We have James Parakh on the call, and we have Daniel de Moissac and Anne Fisher from Heritage.
- Daniel, do we have any comments about what's being proposed at this stage to give back to the to the Working Group?

DdM:

- To give an idea of where Staff's coming from, we're governed by policy requirements in the OPA and in the PPS to, of course, conserve significant heritage resources.
- The real question here is, of course, determining if this is a significant resource to conserve.
- What we're looking at, and what we're really interested in is the conclusion that Samantha from ERA came with, and kind of seeing their HIA which should explain why this building is not considered maybe a good example of the architect's work. The conclusion that it has nominal value is in our preliminary review.

- It appears that this building is a very significant improvement over the corner of course. We're looking forward to looking into the data a bit more and seeing what the findings are and the rationale for those conclusions.

AF:

- From our provincial review, we view this site as significant.
- We would like to, as Daniel said, see ERA's analysis to see how we can take that into account and how we can consider that when we come to our final conclusions.
- But this is a significant building; it has a presence on the streetscape. The building is quite nicely designed. Although the shopfront has been removed, it retains almost all of its original attributes, so it has a lot of integrity, including beautiful stained-glass windows along Spadina. It is a heritage resource that we considered to be significant.
- We would want to see conserved, but we want to understand the applicant's arguments why they say it can't be conserved, because we have seen other buildings like this that could be conserved and can be integrated with public transit. So, we want to look at all of that.

ML:

- So inconclusive, but still looking. That's a fair assessment.
- Are there any, are there any other comments about streetscape, heritage, or built form from Staff?

JP:

- The applicant has done a lot of work to respond to what they heard at the last community meeting. So, this is the version that we would like them to present to the Design Review Panel on June 17th.

SD:

- Does Mansoor have a full capture of the building in brick?

MK:

- We don't have it today, but we can certainly produce it, and we intend to produce it for the Design Review Panel presentation which is coming up.

SD:

- One of the things, Councillor, that you and I have spoken about, are birds flying into glass. We would have to take that into account, because we seem to be on a bit of a fly way.
- The other thought on heritage is the attractiveness of this site is really the streetscape. Originally, I was quite taken with ERA's presentation on how we'd natured the street and made it a bit of a through way in the 50s or whenever

that mistake was made. I think there could be some value to capturing the kind of balance that was there in the width of the roadway and then the flanking trees, to sort of evoke what the condition was of the original building however much it's retained or not.

- The other thing that I wondered about was what the datum lines are between the building to the north and the new building. Those roof lines, you might want to look at the two stories or so of office for example and look at making this continuous with the townhouses to the north. I don't know whether that's important, but it might make some difference to the rhythm of the new building in the streetscape.
- I prefer this to the to the black and white, so there's quite a difference in that.

BB:

- We are exploring those datum lines in the next meeting and as part of the Design Review Panel.

3. NEW ITEMS (Uses, Environment & Resilience, and Community Benefits)

ML:

- Could the applicant give us an idea of the environment or resilience component, and what community benefits you see this achieving, because I know there are some comments from folks on the call about that.

AC:

- I have a comment within the context of the laneway.
- Of course, that is going to be just adjacent to our backyard and, in particular, more about the ins and outs of cars, trucks, vans. So, I don't know if we want to table that or if we can address that now I know that James also has.

ML:

- Why don't why don't we do this, why don't you let us know your comment. It might not get fully resolved this evening because we're going to touch on that later. But let's register it just so they know that, that it, and can address it at the next meeting.

AC:

- Yes, that's fair. Thank you.
- My experience is from just moving around College and Bay, where they have sort of large garage doors, much like the one that's being proposed. It looks like there's three large garage doors right side by side with service, automobiles, going in and out, as well as personal cars, you know, getting to public parking, condos, retail, whatnot.

- I'm wondering, I noticed around College and Bay (these areas where there's towers much like this where it houses retail, public parking and condos) that these large garage doors, go up and down. There's a lot of beeping noises that come out of these large garage doors that open and close.
- I'm wondering if that is something that's going to be happening multiple times throughout the day, perhaps not at night, as I'm hearing.
- It's just a point of question. I don't know if there's an answer, I don't know if there's rules or regulations about this. A constant beeping noise would be incredibly impactful for my family living right in the middle of the laneway on the south side.

SD:

- In the night, the headlights hit the houses across the way on Robert Street. If you can imagine, it's way better if the incline could be designed to come toward the main street, rather than against the houses. I know there are other solutions like putting a wall in there.

ML:

- We'll send those suggestions back to the development team and they can bring those resolutions / responses back to us.
- Back on to uses, community benefits, and the environmental component.

PV:

- We have our sustainability consultant with us tonight. Ryan Evans is here, and he can kind of outline the approach that we're taking.

RE:

- We started working on this project back in 2018 and completed our initial energy strategy analysis in January 2019.
- Through that analysis, we were looking at different scenarios of how the project could meet the various Toronto Green Standard objectives for energy performance sustainability and resilience. Following that analysis and communicating with the design team, we've been able to see some pretty important design improvements from what was originally estimated and assumed that the project was going to look like already going back a few years ago.
- One of the key components we have seen is the transformation in the envelope enclosure design from what it was. With that black and white version, there was a lot of glazing. Now we're seeing a much more beautiful warm enclosure, and an opaquer wall. It's aesthetically very beautiful, but from a sustainability perspective, a lot of improvements have been made by changing the ratio and reducing the amount of glass. From about 68% down to anywhere between

50% to 60%. We're still working it out, but we're forecasting about a 10% reduction in glass, which means there's an increase in the opaque wall.

- The benefit to that is that improves the durability as well as the performance of the envelope system and that sets the tone for any building in the energy performance. Now that we're working with a better envelope system.
- From there, we started making improvements on the mechanical side of things. Originally, we were considering a four-pipe fan coil system which is a pretty typical system for a condo tower of this size throughout the City of Toronto. But the mechanical team has done a lot of work and has come up with some pretty good combination systems at this phase (although the design is still quite early).
- At the podium levels, we're looking at waterloo pumps which provide fresh air to the office levels. What's really great about waterloo pumps in an office environment is that, around the perimeter of the building, you have a different load than what you would have at the core of the building. This system allows for simultaneous heating and cooling, so as there's a cooling load, you have the ability to heat. This means that in the wintertime, we're not really adding any additional heat system as it kind of works in a balanced mode. So, this is a this is a really well thought out system from the mechanical team.
- From the fresh air perspective, having a central ERV (Energy Recovery Ventilator) means that we're trying to recuperate as much energy as we dumped in to condition the fresh air of the building, so that we mitigate our uses of energy and fuels, whether it be electricity or gas to, to ensure that we're, we're keeping our energy consumption as low as possible.
- A key component for the podium level is one of big ECM (Energy Conservation Measure) which is going to be a critical component to help with achieving some of the Toronto Green Standard targets and even exceeding the minimum requirements that's required for permit.
- For the residential component, we're going to continue with a four-pipe fan coil system. Given the nature of the occupancy being residential, we're going to be supplying heating through condensing high efficiency condensing boilers, and we're going to be using a heat recovery chiller. This is the key to this system from a sustainability perspective. A heat recovery chiller can not only provide heating and cooling, but can also, rather than just ejecting heat to the outside, we can use the heat to then preheat other areas of the building. This is a system that's not commonly used. So again, the mechanical team has done a really good job with putting together, in my opinion, a system that's going to exceed the status quo of what we see being built around the city.
- From a sustainability perspective, the amount of outdoor air that's going to be provided to the building - a lot of the times mechanical designers over ventilate the building which then requires a lot more energy to condition that outside air, whether it's during the winter, or in the summer. The mechanical team has done a really good job to fine tune the amount of fresh air that's going to be

supplied to the building to ensure that odors are well maintained. We're also going to be conserving on the amount of energy use.

- By having discussions in the very infancy of the project, and having consultant like us on the team (dating back to 2018/2019 and having us there throughout the design of the project), really helps ensure that design team stays on track and meets the objectives; objectives not only set by the City as a mandatory requirements, but allows us an opportunity to find ways that we can improve the building's resiliency, as well as the performance, while sticking with the design.

ML:

- Thank you very much, Ryan.
- Are we ready to talk through the uses and throw that presentation backup?

MK:

- To recap and remind ourselves of the manner in which the uses are stacked, at grade is where we have the urban living room and associated retail on Bloor Street. There will be access to the residential, and the office, elevators. As well, from this level, there will not be what you traditionally see in these developments which is large areas of the ground floor, given over to a private residential lobby. It's a very modest kind of access point, that takes you up, and the lobby that is located at upper levels.
- When you go down, those escalators or the elevator is when you get to the concourse level, where there will be some amount of retail. That will sort of be on your west side.
- The east side, you're kind walking northwards towards the subway, where it says TTC and, to your left, is the retail frontage.
- Up above, is where we have two levels of office, and above that most of the rental replacement units. Then above that, we have amenities and lobby, and then residential units up above the tower portion of the building.

ML:

- Does anyone want to follow up around the community benefits piece and what the applicant's team has anticipated for that?
- It's quite alright if you just want to hand that one back to the community to give their advice.

PV:

- That's what our intent was. We'd love to hear what the community is thinking as a community benefit, as opposed to starting to propose something. This is a community that knows itself quite well.

DE:

- In Samantha's presentation on the slide that was labeled storytelling, that reference to the concept of cultural heritage, and just as a parallel to the built form heritage that that was discussed earlier, there was a reference to indigenous presence or the in the area. I think probably referencing your aboriginal housing provider farther north.
- I was interested to hear how the applicant plans on bringing that through either in the way of uses or in something else. So, it's not really in the way of a suggestion or solution or something I'd like to flag that broader concept of placemaking and storytelling which was referenced by Samantha earlier. How is this to be addressed. I don't really know. My hope was that representatives of those institutions and organizations might be at the meeting tonight, and they could share their perspectives as well.

PV:

- We know that this project is going to have a public art component. That was something that came in through Staff comments. I think that's one particularly important opportunity when it comes to storytelling, whether or not it's about the trail that indigenous people use along Spadina to traverse these lands, or whether it relates to something else.
- The sort of initial thought was that we knew that this project would have a public art component. Whether that's a public art component that speaks to indigeneity on the site is something that we were prepared to explore.
- Typically, that piece of public art is actually figured out later. It's more about protecting for it, and perhaps presenting some ideas, and then working through those opportunities.
- The urban living room in itself also presents, you know that larger opportunity for storytelling whether or not it's through exhibitions, which could touch all sorts of different opportunities being indigenous or the history around transit or the history around the community.
- It's sort of focusing the opportunity around the ground plane; where does it make sense to have these sort of uses and a public benefit intersect with each other so that it's all users of the site that are interacting with it and benefiting from it.

DE:

- Where would the public arts space be located?

PV:

- We haven't ended on our location yet.
- One of the natural locations could be the spot at the corner. It has to be in a prominent location, so I think really it's going to be something that's on the ground level sort of connected to those podium uses.

DE:

- How do you plan to engage with those communities meaningfully?

PV:

- So typically, when we do public art projects, we've probably got a consultant that we engage, and there's usually a jury.
- The jury can be made up of representatives of the community so in this case, I could see members of the local indigenous organizations being part of that, as well as Staff from the City who are used to being a part of that as well.
- We typically produce a plan, and we go out for a call. Artists respond, and then the proposals are vetted through that committee and then typically land at the Toronto Public Art Committee which is the City's forum of public art review.
- It's a bit early days and we haven't gotten that far. Part of it is understanding whether the building will be approved and that there'll be a value to the public art that comes out of the section 37 negotiation. Then we will start engaging on public art as almost a somewhat standalone element with its own process.

DE:

- Separate from public art your intention is towards the cultural heritage piece. Samantha maybe you could speak about that.

SI:

- There's a parallel process that happens with heritage in the context of interpretation.
- Ultimately, further down the line in the submissions process, we'll produce an interpretation plan that speaks to a couple of potential themes for interpretation on the property.
- A couple of locations and how those user groups are going to interact with material that we might produce as part of the interpretation strategy.
- It's a whole big scope of work that typically at this stage we wouldn't even really be thinking about it that much, but this is such a rich site that it screams interpretation. We've got to do a lot here, and we've got to tease through a lot of interesting themes that this space can touch on. With the engagement strategy that Peter mentioned, there's a lot of piggybacking that can happen in parallel for the interpretation strategy and the public art strategy, because we're going to want to talk to the same people about the types of things that we want to be exploring through the art and through the interpretation.

DE:

- I think the larger question of who's in this meeting and who's participating at this stage, versus after this working group concludes is an important one. I would like some clarity about how that engagement can roll out if the Working

Group is perhaps not the place for that. Maybe a parallel discussion at this stage, rather than later is critically important.

ML:

- I have good relationships with Wigwamen and the Native Canadian Centre because of my long-standing role on the Indigenous Affairs Committee, so I will follow up with them to ensure they're being plugged in, at least with that element and hopefully more around affordability and integration within neighborhood.

SD:

- The significance of the site, there's a whole indigenous history here. I think they should be included in the next Working Group, and we should talk to them. I mean you have an urban living room that's got enormous capacity to express cultural stuff that they may have interest in educating all of us. It's a real opportunity and when you talk about heritage, I mean it's cultural heritage that we're talking about.

ML:

- They were both invited to each meeting. So maybe we'll sort of actively try to re-engage with them on this to say this is a good opportunity and we need to do some learning here.
- We're kind of at that stage in the development process that we're working through some of the finer details, so maybe I can take that away and reach out to them.
- Are there any other comments about the uses, environmental aspects, or community benefits here?

DE:

- In terms of community benefit, HSRO's commitment to seeking affordable housing, whenever, wherever possible, we would like to see this accommodated within the building. We'd like to also flag to the Councillor that we would like to see section 37 funds put towards affordable housing.

SD:

- Geothermal – let's try and make this building a real example of a net zero building if you can.

JJ:

- We would like to understand the intended use, and community benefit of the lane. Part of our concerns are their unintended uses and rather than benefits, the detriments for the community as a whole, because the lane has been

classified as walkthrough. it's not so far north of Bloor Street and that raised a question in my mind about what kind of uses we're for seeing for that.

MK:

- Well, I think that there is an informal use that currently exists of pedestrian linkages to the west towards Walmer, and there's an opportunity to connect to the subway through that sort of informal connection now. We're certainly facilitating the creation of a pedestrian mid-block connection that makes transit more accessible.

PV:

- That connection will have a public pedestrian easement across it as well that likely will come out of a request from the City. It may continue informally to Walmer, but we're doing our piece to try to stitch it together the best that we can.

BB:

- It's also part of the green necklace from the Bloor Street Corridor Study. It envisioned connecting pieces between Madison and Spadina and further east of that between Huron and Madison, and now between Spadina and Walmer Road. So, it fits into that piece from the Bloor Corridor Vision Study from about 10 years ago.

EL:

- I want to reiterate the point that we've made right from the start in the informal meetings we had before the application went in. The ARA puts a lot of importance to the affordable housing discussion, which I hope we begin soon. It is of paramount importance to us.

DE:

- Could we have someone from the Housing Office at the next meeting?

ML:

- Yeah, that we can do. Does the applicant want to respond around the affordable housing?

PV:

- That's something we'll have to take back with the ownership. There are some owners on the call here, but there are a few others. We're already replacing rental on site, which is going to be deemed affordable, but it's something I think we have to take back and talk about collectively. I think if we're going to have a follow up meeting, maybe we can have a clear position at that follow up meeting.

ML:

- So let me put it this way, you've got some great folks on the call here from the community side that have expressed some interest in affordable housing. If the ownership and development team was also willing to add to that, in order to make this really a special project, I think you'd find that there's a team of people on this call, that are really, really ready to make this a success.

SD:

- These guys have been very responsive so I've built confidence that we can make this really great project.

4. CLOSING REMARKS

ML:

- Looks like we're done for this evening, folks. Thank you everyone. Have a good evening. Bye for now.